A MIT student brings together partying and complete utter geekness into one.
I just want to wish a Happy Memorial Day to all of the veterans and those we lost over the years.
My family has a lot of veterans in it. My mom did a lot of research and found out that one family member fought in the Civil War (I believe for the Union if memory serves right) and was buried if I am not mistaken in New Orleans.
My Great-Grandfather Smart fought in World War II’s Battle of the Bulge and received a Purple Heart when he nearly lost his arm. He died a few years ago at the age of 92 if I remember right…quite amazing he lasted so long. My Great-Grandfather Gonyea served in the National Guard with amazingly, my Mom’s father. I believe it was during Korea, although I might be wrong on this.
My other grandfather, my Dad’s father, served in Korea. He was a mindsweeper and of the unit he was with during the war, just him and one other soldier were the remaining original members when they went back to the states. The rest either died or were wounded.
I also believe my late Uncle Andy (who I never met) also served, although I know nothing about his time there.
I have a cousin who is currently in the Coast Guard and has faced some of the toughest things you can on the ocean. I have several friends currently in the military, including one in Iraq right now, another who has served in Iraq and could return anytime now, and I heard rumors of another one in Afghanistan.
Happy Memorial Day to you all.
Front Row users will love to know about this ability to pair your remote with your computer.
That way you aren’t by mistake changing the volume or song of another Apple computer by mistake.
Here are some random notes and thoughts…
- The new Macbook absolutely positively rocks. I have started to write a very in-depth review of it and hope to have it done by the weekend. I never had so much fun using a computer before. While the iMac G5 was an awsome re-introduction into the Mac world, the Macbook is what makes me want to stay.
- NeoOffice, the OS X version of OpenOffice.org, has just released version 2.0 Alpha 3. The cool thing is that an Intel-ready version is going to be released in the next month or so. I really want to forget about Microsoft Office, somehow…so let’s hope it comes soon. Apple get with the program and release a complete iWork!
- What an excellent season 5 finale to 24. I won’t spoil it for anyone, but it is everything we could ask for.
- Did I mention that the Macbook rocks?
- Congraduations to my brother Justin, who graduated from MassArt in Boston with a degree in Graphic Design last Friday. Best of luck in the future.
- The Red Sox are taking on the Yankees again. Nothing better in baseball, outside of the playoffs and a ring.
- The season finale of Lost is Wednesday. I don’t know what I am going to do when I can’t watch Lost or 24 this summer.
- After the great Flood of 2006 took out another softball game last week, tomorrow will be the first time in 2 weeks that the team has touched a field…nevermind play a game. Well, it should be interesting and fun! Let’s hope I improve on my 1 for 2 start at the plate.