I never thought I would see this. My parents are switching to Macs. Their first computer was a Mac back in the early 90s. My mom placed the order online last night (white Macbook, 2.0 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HD).
They do a ton of work on photos and wanted a computer that can better handle them. They also are sick of viruses and all of the issues that come with Windows computers.
I cannot wait!
I’m test driving a build that is Release Candidate 2 for Firefox 2.0 Beta 2 (if that makes ANY sense at all to you).
I am please to say without a doubt that this is the first version of Firefox that is usable on a Mac. Insane speed compared to Firefox 1.5, the new theme updates actually look much better on my Mac, and many annoying bugs fixed.
I am not going to link to the build, as those who really want it can find it on Mozilla’s FTP server. However, I am extremely impressed and can’t wait to see what the final Firefox 2.0 has in store. This is clearly the first usable Firefox on Macs.
Some random notes from the past week:
- I went to IKEA today with Katie. What an amazing store. It was only the second time I had ever gone there, but this time I purchased something: a very nice coffee table. Very easy to assemble, took about a half hour and is incredibly sturdy.
- I used a trial of eMusic to download a couple of albums that I have always wanted, including an album that was out of print by a band called Samiam. I then canceled the trial, as I could not find much music that interested me outside of the 50 songs I downloaded from the trial.
- My brother Justin was offered two jobs the past few days, both with major graphic design firms in Boston. He is still deciding which one he is going to choose, but that is a good problem to have. Congratulations go out to him for his fantastic work.
- My youngest brother Dan is one week away from starting his 5 years at Northeastern, majoring in Computer Science. Almost makes me want to cry…
- I have been working out for the past month at the company gym, 3 times a week. Never worked out in my life before and I was pathetic my first time on the weights. However I am doing really well a month later…I can push 135 pounds with my legs (which is slightly more then my weight, which is starting to gain with the muscle I’m adding) and I am at 75 pounds on the other machines. I am actually starting to notice significant improvements in strength and feeling in shape for the first time since high school.
Facebook has a new feature called Notes that syndicates any RSS feed into your Facebook page. Works really slick, as now my blog feed is appearing on Facebook now.
If your interested, click on My Notes on the left side of the Facebook page.
Neat little deal by a very good Mac developer.
Buy the NewsFire RSS reader, and you will get a copy of Inquisitor (a search enhancement for Safari) for free.
I may just do that!